Visual Novel Machinery supports an Open Source integration for Spine2D. It can be found here: VNMSpine2D
If you intend to use this in your project you need to have your own Spine license. DO NOT USE THIS WITHOUT THE LICENSE!
- Follow the instructions here to install the Spine Plugin into your project.
- Add a folder in your Plugins folder called VisualNovelMachinerySpine2D.
- Copy the contents from the Github repository into the folder you just created.
- Start your Unreal Engine Project. On Start Up it will ask you to build the new plugins. Do so.
- Open the CharacterDisplayWidget blueprint
- Click on File -> Reparent Blueprint.
- Reparent the widget blueprint to BaseSpine2DCharacterDisplayWidget.
- Add a Spine Widget right next the Character Image and call it “SpineCharacterImage”
- Align the SpineCharacterImage in the same way as Character Image
- Import your Spine Characters
- Create a Data Table of type “VNM Spine 2D Character Definition”
- Go to Project Settings -> Plugins -> Visual Novel Machinery Spine 2D and set the data table in the settings
- Add your imported characters to it
- Add your characters to the character definitions data table
- Add all animations as emotions to the characters (Just keep the Image Definition empty)
- You are good to go!